10/14/2018 - 10/21/2018
La Paz – group rate full
Where we are diving
A favorite of Trip Leader Chad Binder, La Paz boasts an abundance of sites and over 700 species – you’re sure to enjoy a spectacular underwater adventure, whether you’re a beginner of advanced diver. Dive sites include Los Isoletes, the must-see spot home to over 300 friendly and playful sea lions. We’ll also visit El Bajo, which is best known for schooling hammerheads, the bay for whale sharks, and the Fang Ming wreck. While we can’t guarantee it, we hope to see whale sharks, hammerheads, sea lions, eagle and manta rays, several eel species and tropical reef fish.
Where we are staying
Cantamar Hotel is located in the port of Pichilingue, in La Paz, Baja California Sur. It’s the closest resort to the dive sites. Set in a traditional stucco building fronted by palms and overlooking a marina, Club Cantamar offers ocean views, a sea-view restaurant, an outdoor pool shaded by palms, a sunset beach and a swim-up bar. The resort’s award-winning dive shop, Baja Diving & Service, is located onsite.
- Trip full at group rate. Call for options.
- From Omaha: $2,380 per diver
- From Springfield: $2,450 per diver
- From North Liberty: $2,390 per diver
- From Madison: $1,670 per diver + airfare
Deposit and payments
- $500 deposit due upon sign up
- Full payment due August 1, 2018
- Non-diver: $1,740 from Omaha, $1,820 from Springfield, $1,750 from North Liberty
- Prices are based upon double occupancy
- Airfare closes 90 days prior to departure
- All payments are non-refundable
- Prices are subject to change due to events outside of our control
The average high temperature is 89°F and the low is 68°F. The average sea temperature is 81°F.
What prior travelers say
“Since 2006, La Paz has been one of my favorite dive spots. It is hard to top a place that delivers sea lions that play with you, whale sharks, sea horses, schools of mobula rays and eels in every crack and crevice. Once we found a school of hammerhead sharks! No wonder Jaques Cousteau called it the world’s aquarium.”
– Janna B.
- Roundtrip airfare
- 7 nights of accommodations
- 5 days of diving
- Whale shark snorkel
- Mobula ray night dive
What’s not included
- Travel insurance (recommended)
- Fish ID
- Deep Diving
- Wreck Diving
- ScubaPro G2 computer
- Safety sausage and reel (required)