06/21/2018 - 06/24/2018
Haigh Quarry – Trip Full
Where we are diving
AJ Koch and Marty Bunge are leading our first trip of the season to Haigh Quarry. The quarry is located in Kankakee, IL and filled with spring fed water. It has been a favorite of regional divers for over 25 years and is affectionately known as the Caribbean of the Midwest. It’s exclusively for diving, no boating or fishing is allowed. Items to look for include: Flamingo, a sunken houseboat, an old USMC dump truck, an original rock crusher, a 50’s firetruck, and the tricycle graveyard. There are abundant freshwater game fish like blue gill, bass and paddlefish.
Where we are staying
The Fairfield Inn, a Marriott property, is located in Bourbonnais, IL. You’ll enjoy complimentary hot breakfast, cable TV, free wifi and a heated indoor pool.
- LLSC member: $375 per diver
- Non-LLSC member: $400 per diver
Deposit and payments
- Full payment due upon sign up
- Non-diver: $340
- Prices are based upon double occupancy
- All payments are non-refundable
- Prices are subject to change due to events outside of our control
The average high temperature is 83°F and the low is 61°F. The average water temperature is 80°F in the summer.
What prior travelers say
“Haigh Quarry is my favorite dive site for weekend travel. It is a large quarry with a wide variety of diving opportunities. There are things to see and explore at depths of 20’ all the way to 90’.”
– JoAnn H.
- 3 nights of accommodations
- 2 days entrance fees
What’s not included
- Cylinders and air fills
- Travel insurance (recommended)
- Night Diving and Limited Visibility
- GoBe 850 wide dive light