11/03/2018 - 11/10/2018
Curacao – group rate full
Where we are diving
Your chance to help our reefs recover! Unfortunately, we’ve all seen the impact to coral reefs from climate change and environmental impact. On this trip, we’re combining diving the great sites of Curacao with a chance to work with Ocean Encounters and Coral Restoration Foundation. You’ll get three days of two-tank boat dives, plus a Coral Restoration Diver specialty class, and four dives focused on coral restoration — including hands-on coral farming and transplanting. Join Trip Leader JoAnn Haack on this unique volun-tourism trip! We highly recommend completing the Perfect Buoyancy class before this trip.
Where we are staying
LionsDive Beach Resort is located on the shore of the National Curacao Underwater Park. The resort includes a 50-meter pool, four restaurants and bars, Beach Body Wellness Club and complimentary wifi. LionsDive has their own private beach with plenty of palm trees, lounge chairs, beach huts and sunshades. The private beach connects with the popular beach boulevard. The boulevard has many shops, bars, restaurants and entertainment to enjoy while we’re not diving. Willemstad is a short five-minute shuttle drive away and is on the Unesco World Heritage list. The original colonial architecture is charming and great for sightseeing.
- Trip full at group rate. Call for options.
- From Omaha: $2,980 per diver
- From Springfield: $2,870 per diver
- From North Liberty: $3,100 per diver
- From Madison: $1,995 per diver + airfare
Deposit and payments
- $500 deposit due upon sign up
- $500 due June 5, 2018
- Full payment due August 24, 2018
- Non-diver: $2,240 from Omaha, $2,130 from Springfield, $2,360 from North Liberty
- Room upgrades are available
- Prices are based upon double occupancy
- Airfare closes 90 days prior to departure
- All payments are non-refundable
- Prices are subject to change due to events outside of our control
The average daily temperature is 81°F, the average high temperature is 88°F, and the low is 78°F. The average sea temperature is 80°F.
What prior travelers say
“Curacao is my favorite place in the Caribbean. The diving is great, the people are wonderful, the town is very eclectic, and the island is beautiful. And this is a special dive trip – we’re offering a chance for hands-on coral restoration work.”
– JoAnn H.
- Roundtrip airfare
- 7 nights of accommodations
- 5 days of diving
- Coral Restoration Diver specialty course
What’s not included
- Lunch and dinner
- Travel insurance (recommended)
- Perfect Buoyancy
- Boat Diving
- Underwater Photography
- ScubaPro Hydros Pro BC
- SeaLife Micro 2.0 camera
- Mesh bag