Completing the American Red Cross lifeguard training program at Diventures means you’ll get the most of your training.
SELECT YOUR LOCATION
Be safe in and around the water
Learn how to effectively prevent and respond to water emergencies. Our American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification is key when pursuing a Lifeguard position. Our experienced staff will ensure you get the most of your training. The course is spread over multiple days and includes testing of hands-on skills as well as comprehension on written exams. The certification includes First Aid, CPR and AED training and is valid nationwide for two years. This course is available to those 15 years old and up.
What to bring
- Bathing suit and towel
- Lifeguard Certification course: $250
- Lifeguard Review course: $150
- Lifeguard Instructor Certification: $450
Cost – Alpharetta, GA Location Only
- Lifeguard Certification course: $295
- Lifeguard Review course: $161
- Lifeguard Instructor Certification: $401
Total cost includes class fee, Red Cross fee and hip pack with pocket mask and whistle.
For questions such as future class dates, contact us today.
Select your location
Become a swim teacher!
- American Red Cross lifeguarding, lifeguarding review and water safety students must be at least 15 years old by the last day of class.
- Students must also pass a pre-course swimming skills test prior to taking our courses:
- Swim 300 yards continuously. Front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both are all accepted, but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles may be used.
- Tread water for two minutes using only the legs. Candidates should place their hands under the armpits.
- Complete a timed event within one minute, 40 seconds.
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. The face may be in or out of the water. Swim goggles are not allowed.
- Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of seven to ten feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
- Return to the surface and swim 20 yards to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near the surface so they are able to get a breath. Candidates should not swim the distance under water.
- Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
- Review requires proof of current Lifeguard certification.
- Must be at least 17 years old on or before final scheduled session of the course.
- Possess current basic-level certification in Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED.
- Successfully complete the online Introduction to the Lifeguarding Instructor Course prior to the precourse skills session.
- Obtain all instructor and participant materials before entering the first session of the instructor course.
My son used Diventures for his Red Cross Lifeguard certification and they made the process very easy and their great staff coached him well to ensure he was confident and ready for the certification. I would highly recommend Diventures!
Wherever the water takes you
Take your love of water to the next level with scuba diving certification. At Diventures, you can expect to receive the best scuba training from highly educated instructors. We’ll make sure you are safe and having fun in the water.
Visit Diventures to see why we’re the best for you.