Manta Ray Island
Where we are diving
Socorro is nicknamed Mexico’s “Little Galapagos” due to its unique ecosystem and attraction of large pelagic animals. Socorro scuba diving is an underwater adventure filled with exciting encounters of large marine animals including the friendly giant manta rays, playful dolphins, breaching humpback whales, various rays, and over 7 shark species including whale sharks!
The giant Pacific mantas which you will meet in Socorro are the largest of the rays. They swim by moving their wing-like pectoral fins, which can grow up to 7 meters wide. These giants love to interact with divers. They can come as close as 1 meter away from you while making eye contact swimming along beside you. The local population of bottlenose dolphins has learned to mimic the behavior of the giant mantas. It is very likely that they will move in close to you as well.
Whale sharks are usually spotted during this time of year as well. You may even hear them singing through the hull of the ship at night as you lie in your bunk. Schooling hammerhead sharks may be seen at any time but the best chance to see large schools up close is April – June.
Registration closes soon!
1. Friendliest giant mantas in the world!
2. Bottlenose dolphins are almost as friendly.
3. Up to 10 species of sharks.
4. Loads of fish.
5. In season you might even see humpback whales, pilot whales, tuna, or even false killer whales.
Where we are staying
The only way to dive in Socorro is by liveaboard. The Nautilus Explorer is custom designed for divers for the highest possible level of comfort and safety. Our crew takes exceptional pride in the condition of the ship. You see amazing views from the large windows in the dining room and lounge and every stateroom and suite have its own bathroom and shower.
Whether in the separate dining room, main salon, or one of the upper sundecks, there is ample room to find a quiet place to read, chat, fill out your dive log, or work on editing the images you shot that day. And there is nothing like a soak under the stars in the sparkling clear freshwater of our hot tub after a day of diving or exploration. The main salon also serves as the ship’s entertainment center with couches, a great library, a well-stocked bar, and select evening video showings, presentations, and slide shows.
The Nautilus Explorer offers a mix of both buffet and table service with a menu that combines North American and European tastes. Soups are homemade; Bread, pastries, and desserts are baked on board and there is always plenty of snacks.
- COED Triple Shared occupancy: $5010
- Stateroom shared occupancy: $5350
- Superior Suite shared occupancy: $5910
- Single Occupancy Stateroom: $6390
- Premium Suite shared occupancy: $6590
Deposit and payments
- 1st deposit: $500 due at signup
- $1000 due: September 30, 2022
- $1000 due: June 2, 2023
- $2000 due: September 15, 2023
- Full Balance: January 26, 2024
- Prices are based upon double occupancy
- All payments are non-refundable
- Prices are subject to change due to events outside of our control
- 8 nights aboard the Nautilus Explorer
- Up to 4 dives per day
- 3 meals a day onboard
- Onboard wifi
- Freshwater hot tub
- Air fills, nitrox, rebreather friendly
- Fully-stocked extensive bar (single malts, microbrews, a great selection of wine)
- Socorro marine park fee
- Port fee
What’s not included
- Deep Diving
- Night Diving
- Fish ID