07/20/2018 - 07/22/2018
Lake Michigan – Trip Full
Where we are diving
Join Trip Leader Greg Allen and explore Lake Michigan and her mysterious shipwrecks. Lake Michigan is home to over 3,000 shipwrecks, many dating back to the 1800s. Favorite wrecks include the Gillen Tug and Prins Willem.Temperatures above the thermocline rise to between 60-70 degrees during the summer. At depth, temperatures commonly range from 50-60 degrees. A 7mm wetsuit or dry suit is recommended. Visibility can vary dramatically from day to day. Generally, it is 35 to 40 feet, but at times it may exceed 100 feet.
Where we are staying
The Hampton Inn & Suites in Milwaukee includes complimentary hot breakfast, an indoor pool and free wifi.
- LLSC member: $440 per diver
- Non-LLSC member: $470 per diver
Deposit and payments
- Full payment due upon sign up
- Non-diver: $250
- Prices are based upon double occupancy
- All payments are non-refundable
- Prices are subject to change due to events outside of our control
The average high temperature is 79°F and the average low temperature is 64°F.
What prior travelers say
“Diving Lake Michigan from the Milwaukee harbor is fantastic! With close proximity to numerous wrecks, you will have lots of options. The visibility was stunning, schools of thousands of alewives made me feel like I was in the ocean, and the history of each wreck was incredibly interesting. I definitely recommend wreck diving in Lake Michigan.”
– Nate N.
- 2 nights of accommodations
- 4 wreck dives
What’s not included
- Tanks and air fills
- Travel insurance (recommended)
- Wreck Diving
- Deep Diving
- Night Diving and Limited Visibility
- ScubaPro G2 dive computer
- GoBe 850 wide dive light