09/07/2019 - 09/14/2019
Where we are diving
A favorite destination of trip leaders Jim Hayes and Ryan Oestreich, Dunbar Rock’s reef is a protected marine reserve making it an ideal spot for scuba diving. Part of a volcanic and coral mountain range called The Bonacca Ridge, Guanaja marks the beginning of the second largest barrier reef in the world – the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef. You get the opportunity to dive vertical walls, lava tunnels and wrecks including the nearby Jado Trader. Jado Trader happens to be one of the most sought-after wrecks in the Caribbean! There are also more than 300 identified fish species in the Bay Island waters. Scuba divers frequently see Angelfish, Hamlets, Butterfly fish, Creole Wrasse, Grouper, Jackfish, Moray eels, Octopus, Parrotfish and Nurse sharks! The Dunbar Rock dive center is conveniently located just off the docks on the island.
Where we are staying
The Villa on Dunbar Rock is a truly unique experience. This 15,000 square foot property is perched on a cay with 360° views of Sandy Bay, Guanaja and surrounding cays, this unique resort blends beauty and serenity. The villa offers a cardio room, infinity pool, private white sand beaches, pool bar, on call masseuse, and complimentary laundry service. Anything you could possibly want or need is right there on the private island!
- From Omaha: $4,250 per diver
- From Springfield: $4,300 per diver
- From North Liberty: $4,250 per diver
Deposit and payments
- $500 deposit due upon sign up
- Full payment due June 3, 2019
- Non-diver: $3,680 from Omaha, $3,730 from Springfield, $3,680 from North Liberty
- Prices are based upon double occupancy
- All payments are non-refundable
- Prices are subject to change due to events outside of our control
Prevailing ocean breezes keep the temperature comfortable year around. In September, the average daily high is 88°F with lows around 72°F. The average water temperature is 85°F.
What prior travelers say
“This is a private island getaway, with concierge diving. The staff delivers your luggage to your room and carries your gear to the dive boat. The food, fun, friendship, and diving make this trip one to remember. I’m always looking forward to diving there. ”
– Jim H.
- Roundtrip airfare, hopper flights and transfers
- 7 nights of accommodations
- 18 boat dives
- Unlimited shore diving
- All meals and drinks
What’s not included
- Dive insurance (required)
- Travel insurance (recommended)
- Perfect Buoyancy
- Underwater Photography
- Wreck Diving
- Stiletto BC
- Olympus TG5 camera