Beach Bungalow Diving
Where we are diving
This jewel of a tropical island rests in the shimmering turquoise waters of the Caribbean. Just east of the Yucatan peninsula in Mexico, the lush jungle life fills the island’s interior while sugary beaches, sunshine, and gently swaying palm trees line the coast. It’s paradise!
Cozumel is an easy trip from the United States and offers some of the best diving in the world. One of the many reasons Cozumel is a bucket list location for divers is the incredible drift diving. Drift diving is fun, and it adds to the magic of Cozumel. Let the current gently carry you through a world filled with colorful coral and vibrant fish. No plans, no map. Relax and ride the current, taking in the beauty and majesty of the reef and all its vibrant inhabitants.
As the second-largest barrier reef in the world, the Mesoamerican reef offers a massive variety of coral that creates a maze of swim-throughs and walls. Not only is Cozumel known for its beautiful reef, but it also has an abundance of marine life. Get your camera ready for white Marlin, splendid toadfish, gray angelfish, and porkfish. They are just a few of the 500 species of fish in Cozumel. Other creatures include moray eels, nurse sharks, and hawksbill turtles.
We’ll be diving with Dressel Divers for a great dive getaway – friendly locals, good food, lively nightspots, warm water, great visibility, and white sandy beaches.
Divers choose to travel with Diventures because we make everything easy for you while creating the adventure and experience of a lifetime!
Registration closes soon!
Lavon and Travis Land
As former owners of New Horizons Diving in Lexington, KY, Travis and Lavon Land have enjoyed the adventure of a lifetime while diving together for over 20 years! Their travels have taken them to beautiful places and they have met extraordinary people along the way. Being store number 8 of the Diventures family is a new and exciting journey that they cannot wait to share with the dive community. Join them as they embark on this new dive-venture!
Top 5 reasons you should travel with us to Cozumel!
1. Eco-friendly resort. In 2020, Iberostar eliminated all single-use plastic from their hotels and substituted them with high-quality reusable or compostable alternatives.
2. Family-friendly activities for all ages. From yoga classes to Star Camp for kids, you’ll never get bored.
3. HUGE buffet with delicious foods. Mexican, Italian, Caribbean, international, and more. Breakfast buffet with a wide range of fruit, dairy, bread, cereals, and cured meats.
4. Tons of great restaurants and bars at the resort. A rotisserie restaurant with live cooking demonstrations, a Mexican cantina, and a Japanese restaurant with sushi and ramen. There is also a theater bar where you can watch a live show every night!
5. Two swimming pools with a swim-up bar. Do we need to say more?
Where we are staying
Iberostar Cozumel has a diving center with its own boats to help you explore the reef. The 5-star hotel offers guests beautiful bungalow-style rooms that combine both rustic and modern elements. Each room includes all-inclusive access, comfort, as well as a private patio and hammocks to enjoy Mexico’s Caribbean and allow for easy access to the pools, spa, or extensive beach.
Guests can be sure to work up an appetite at the Iberostar Cozumel restaurants where the best international cuisine is coupled with the authentic flavors of Mexico. At lunchtime, they’ll serve up your favorite meals at either of their international buffets or in their themed restaurants. They offer a healthy, tasty, and natural menu that varies according to the local products and the season.
Welcome to your next diventure in Cozumel!
- Garden View Diver: $1,990
- Garden View Non-Diver: $1,180
- Garden View Single Diver: $2,420
- Garden View Single Non-Diver: $1,610
- Pool View Diver: $2,100
- Pool View Non-Diver: $1,290
- Pool View Single Diver: $2,530
- Pool View Single Non-Diver$1,720
- Ocean View Diver: $2,120
- Ocean View Non-Diver: $1,310
- Ocean View Single Diver: $2,560
- Ocean View Single Non-Diver$1,750
Deposit and payments
- 1st deposit: $500 due upon sign up
- 2nd deposit: $500 due July 15, 2022
- Full Balance: Due August 15, 2022
- Prices are based upon double occupancy
- All payments are non-refundable
- Prices are subject to change due to events outside of our control
- Boat Diving
- Waves, Tides, and Currents
- 7 nights at Iberostar Resort
- 6 days of diving, up to 5 dives daily
- Marine Park fees
- All meals and beverages
- Trip t-shirt
What’s not included
- Airfare: Diventures will assist
- Return to U.S. Covid test
- Gratuity $300 for dive crew ($10/tank) and $10 + for cleaning staff
- Dive insurance (required)
- Travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Gobe 800 Lumen light
- Mesh bag
What prior travelers say
“My travel experience with Diventures was amazing! After I signed up, everything was taken care of. Everyone was so informative and clearly had the experience to help any step of the way. This was the best trip I have ever been on and I can’t wait to pick out my next destination with Diventures!”
Electricity – There are no adapters required. If you’re visiting from the States, you won’t need to worry about an adapter for your cell phone or computer. Cozumel operates on a 110 V.
Passport – Must be valid 6 months beyond the dates of your trip.
Bug Spray – Please be sure to bring it with you! Mosquitos are most active in the early morning hours and around sundown.
Water – Although the water that comes out of the faucet on Cozumel is in fact potable, that doesn’t necessarily mean that you should drink it. While it’s okay to bathe in, we suggest you use bottled water for absolutely anything else.
Dress Code – Smart casual. In restaurants, men are welcome to wear Bermuda shorts and sandals. Ladies are free to choose between closed-toe shoes and sandals.
Credit Cards – You are able to use your credit cards in most stores and restaurants. Just remember that the charge will be made in pesos and your bank will charge you in dollars.
Money – 1 Mexican Peso equals 0.0549 USD. So, 20 Mexican pesos is about 1 USD.
Temperature – Cozumel is one of the hottest climates in Mexico. With average temperatures of 80°F, and cool breezy nights at a low average of 70°F. Water temperatures range from 78°F – 82°F throughout the year.
Resort Amenities – It’s a family atmosphere in fully equipped bungalow-style suites, from which you can easily access the pools, spa, or extensive beach. Each room offers. a private balcony with a hammock, a bathroom with shower, safe, air conditioning, flat-screen tv, free wi-fi, coffee maker, and iron and ironing board. Plus every room is free of single-use plastics.
Language – Spanish is the main language spoken, but English is also widely used.