Tropical Rainforest of the Marine World
Where we are diving
Both above and below the water, Costa Rica, translated as ‘rich coast’ in Spanish, is known for its lush tropical forests and abundant wildlife. The country occupies a narrow strip of volcanic land in between the Pacific Ocean and the southern Caribbean Sea. The region’s tropical climate and variety of habitats house some of the richest animals in the world, including several rare and endangered species. Costa Rica is widely recognized as one of the world’s most biodiverse nations.
The underwater landscape formed by boulders and pinnacles makes Costa Rica an appropriate diving destination for beginners and advanced. Descend 60 feet and you may see giant Pacific manta, huge schools of spotted eagle rays, nurse sharks, whitetip reef sharks, bull sharks, and sea turtles. Divers can also have some “noisy” dives with whale chatter from August to November with frequent visits from the Southern Pacific humpbacks making their trek 1000’s of miles from Antarctica.
We will be diving with Bill Beard’s Papagayo. They offer a great variety of dive sites as well as other adventures activities. Here are just a few of your options: canopy (zip line) tour and rappelling through the Rio Blanco Canyon, a tubing adventure on the Rio Negro River with class III rapids, a horseback riding adventure, and relaxing with volcano-heated thermal waters, steam, and mud bath.
Trips like this sell out fast!
Registration closes soon!
Barb Bakenhus, Master Instructor and Customer Experience Specialist
Natural born Nebraska diver! I got certified back in Aug 1992 and from the very beginning, I knew that scuba was going to be a big part of my life. I started working for the local dive shop in 1996 and earned my first professional certification in 1998. I’m a Master Instructor with the goal of becoming an Instructor Certifier.
Erika Roberts, Assistant Instructor Trainer Classified Diving Instructor
I have over 12 years of experience in dive operations and am also an Advanced Open Water Instructor. I love helping our teams continue to provide exceptional customer service every day.
Where we are staying
Your first five nights will be reserved for The Occidental Papagayo in Playa Hermosa. This adult-only hotel offers a wild landscape combined with the most luxurious services and amenities. The Gulf of Papagayo has long been considered as the Pacific’s crown jewel, and this resort blends perfectly into the amazing lush natural setting.
Your last two nights will be spent at Arenal Manoa Hotel. A beautiful place to rest, relax and enjoy the restorative waters of the thermal pools while taking in the marvelous view of Arenal Volcano. Surrounded by gardens, pastures, and animals, the rooms have been designed so that each one offers you a panoramic view of the volcano.
From Omaha Airport
- Diver: $3220
- Non-Diver: $2850
- Single Diver: $3890
- Single Non-Diver: $3530
- Diver: $2650
- Non-Diver: $2290
- Single Diver: $3330
- Single Non-Diver: $2970
Deposit and payments
- 1st deposit: Due upon sign up $500
- 2nd deposit $500 due April 7, 2022
- 3rd deposit $500 due June 7, 2022
- Full Balance: August 7, 2022
- Prices are based upon double occupancy
- All payments are non-refundable
- Prices are subject to change due to events outside of our control
- Airfare from Omaha
- 5 nights at The Occidental Papagayo
- 6 dives (2 Days/2 tank local diving + 1 day/2 tank dive at Catalina Island)
- 1 private group transfer from Liberia airport (LIR)
- Meal plan according to hotel choice
- 2 nights at Arenal Volcano with private guide – Breakfast daily
- Private group transfer with guide and transportation from beach to Arenal
- Guachipelin Adventure Combo Day –Canopy and rapell, tubing, horseback riding, and natural volcanic hot springs (in route to Arenal)
- Choice of one Arenal adventure: (1)White water rafting, (2)Waterfall rappelling, or (3) Hanging bridges and waterfall – Lunch included
- Hot Springs entrance with dinner
- 1 Private group transfer to Liberia (LIR) or San José airport (SJO)
- All taxes
- All meals in Arenal/meals at Beach according to hotel choice
What’s not included
- Covid Testing
- Overnight hotel in Dallas (returning)
- Dive insurance (required)
- Travel insurance (highly recommended)
- SMB and reel
- Dive computer Oceanic ProPlus
- Mesh bag
- Advanced Open Water
- Shark Ecology
What prior travelers say
“I highly recommend a trip with Diventures. Customer service is excellent and the trip I experienced was very well planned.”