Luxurious private island resort
Where we are diving
Turneffe has dive sites for every level of diver. The shallow reefs are perfect for beginners and casual divers, while the varied topography is more suited for the seasoned diver. A good variety of the dives sites and larger reefs have fish, turtles, and spotted eagle rays that are frequently sighted. The endemic whitespotted toadfish is a delight to find for any diver. If you look closer, you can spot basket stars, coral shrimp, and file clams. The nearby reef is home to schools of barracuda and there are several impressive coral patches. If you’re lucky, you will see manatees as they can sometimes be spotted in the water away from their lagoon home. There are also Caribbean reef sharks and the ever-present nurse sharks.
Belize is also known for The Great Blue Hole, which is a giant marine sinkhole off the coast that lies near the center of the Lighthouse Reef. This bucket-list destination is one you don’t want to miss! Join us for a Caribbean water excursion this November with trip leader Erin White!
Trips like this sell out fast!
Registration closes on July 6, 2021.
Erin White, Trip Leader
Erin was a competitive swimmer growing up and has always had a love for the water. Her background in retail and her experience as a level 5 diver makes her a valuable resource for our customers. Erin’s favorite thing to do is to help others become passionate about the underwater world.
Where we are staying
Turneffe Island Resort is a 14-acre private Caribbean Island Resort that is conveniently located only minutes from some of the world’s best dive sites. This resort offers luxurious mahogany interiors and breathtaking views in every direction. You’ll enjoy direct beach access, your own private screened porch, and a private, screened outdoor shower. The 5-star culinary experience includes Belizean-world fusion flavors, a happy hour daily at 6:30 pm, and all-day snacks in the dining room. Celebrate the golden hour poolside over coconut cocktails and canapes. Or simply escape to the spa that overlooks the sea while listening to the waves.
- From Omaha: $3,370 per diver
- From Springfield: $3,380 per diver
- From North Liberty: $3,400 per diver
- From Madison, Columbia: $2,890 per diver*
- Room upgrades available for an additional cost
Deposit and payments
- $500 deposit due upon sign up
- $500 due on July 12, 2021
- Full payment due September 8, 2021
- Non-diver: $2,820 from Omaha; $2,830 from Springfield; $3,850 from North Liberty; $2,340 ground only from Madison, Columbia
- Prices are based upon double occupancy
- All payments are non-refundable
- Prices are subject to change due to events outside of our control
- Perfect Buoyancy
- Enriched Air Nitrox
- Boat Diving
- Roundtrip airfare and transfers
- 7 nights beachfront accommodation
- 15 tank boat dives
- All meals
- Coffee, tea, lemonade
- Covid testing to return to USA
- Shore snorkeling
- Hobie Kat
What’s not included
- *Airfare from Madison/Columbia, Diventures will assist
- Any forced overnights due to airline changes
- Covid testing to enter Belize
- Gratuity, suggest $180
- Rental equipment
- Dive insurance (required)
- Travel insurance (recommended)
- ScubaPro Hydros Pro BC
- Shearwater Teric dive computer
- SeaLife Micro 3.0 camera
Know before you go
Because this is an all-inclusive resort, you won’t need cash or cards day-to-day while on the resort but will want to bring cash to tip your dive crew; they will charge any extra expenses (like alcoholic beverages) to your room for you to settle when you check out. They accept Visa and MasterCard on the island.
Belize uses 110 volts, 60 cycle electricity, the same as the US. Plugs are typically the 2 pronged flat types so US travelers will not typically need a converter or adapter. Outlets rarely have 3 holes so if your device has a third prong, bring an adapter.
The water is safe to drink on the island. They desalinate the seawater for clean, running drinking water.
November starts the dry season in Belize. It is the perfect time to visit as the weather sits right around 82 degrees every day.
The resort offers complimentary Wi-Fi to all guests. It is satellite-based. Due to our remote location, the signal could vary depending on different factors including weather.