Aboard Blackbeard’s Ship
Where we are diving
Ahoy mateys! You’re about to board Blackbeard’s ship for a week of diving, exploring, and navigating the oceans below. Say goodbye to the city lights as we head south to the Exuma Cays. The central Bahamas was once a popular hideout for pirates. Now it offers crystal clear waters and deserted beaches to explore. These dive sites can only be reached by dive liveaboards.
Once you’re out on the sea you’ll be surrounded by an abundance of marine life and beautiful walls. Some of the most common marine life? Sharks! Caribbean reef sharks and nurse sharks have been spotted swimming along the sandy banks. You’ll also be able to experience a passive feed where you can observe the sharks and their behaviors.
While diving the Exuma Cays you’ll experience a variety of different environments. As the third-largest reef in the world, you could see shipwrecks, dark caves, blue holes, and massive walls covered in colorful coral and vibrant sponges. The average visibility is up to 150 to 200 feet. Perfect for a clear view of your amazing surroundings.
The liveaboard crew is there to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime. On board you’ll have captains that plan your trip and keep you safe, cooks to fuel you up after dives, dive instructors to assist you on your dives, and engineers that keep everything running smoothly.
Registration closes soon!
Don Smith, Advanced Open Water Diver Instructor
Blackbeard’s is my favorite dive trip. It’s all about the diving. It is such a unique experience. The blue waters, great visibility, great crew, awesome food, and the variety of sea life is unbelievable.
Top 5 reasons you should come dive with me!
1. Shallow, deep, walls, drifts, and night dives
2. Making life-long friends
3. You get to be a pirate
4. The blue hole
5. A variety of sharks and the shark dive
Where we are staying
Blackbeard’s liveaboard is all about:
- Jumping into the best dive spots
- Making new friends
- Camping on water
- Disconnecting from the world
- Doing things you never thought possible
- Going down the unbeaten path
Think summer camp for scuba divers!
The 65’ liveaboard offers dorm-style bunks with shared restrooms and showers and buffet meals with picnic-style dining. You’ll also have the opportunity for hands-on activities such as sailing and fishing.
Omaha, Springfield, North Liberty
Deposit and payments
- 1st deposit: $500 due upon sign up
- $500 due October 15, 2021
- Full Balance: Due December 27, 2021
- Prices are based upon double occupancy
- All payments are non-refundable
- Prices are subject to change due to events outside of our control
- 7 nights of accommodations on liveaboard
- Up to 19 dives
- Roundtrip airfare/transfers
- All meals and beverages
- Tanks, Weights, Weight belts
What’s not included
- Crew gratuity
- Overnight hotel in Nassau
- Covid test to re-enter the U.S.
- Dive insurance (required)
- Travel insurance (highly recommended)
- SeaLife DC2000 camera
- SeaLife Dragon flashlight
- Underwater Photography
- Deep Diving
What prior travelers say
I would like to especially thank Megan Oswald for communicating with me here in Connecticut in order to make my trip to Blackbeards a memorable one!