Aboard Blackbeard’s Ship
Where we are diving
Ahoy mateys! You’re about to board Blackbeard’s ship for a week of diving, exploring, and navigating the oceans below. Say goodbye to the city lights as we head south to the Exuma Cays. The central Bahamas was once a popular hideout for pirates. Now it offers crystal clear waters and deserted beaches to explore. These dive sites can only be reached by dive liveaboards.
Once you’re out on the sea you’ll be surrounded by an abundance of marine life and beautiful walls. Some of the most common marine life? Sharks! Caribbean reef sharks and nurse sharks have been spotted swimming along the sandy banks. You’ll also be able to experience a passive feed where you can observe the sharks and their behaviors.
While diving the Exuma Cays you’ll experience a variety of different environments. As the third-largest reef in the world, you could see shipwrecks, dark caves, blue holes, and massive walls covered in colorful coral and vibrant sponges. The average visibility is up to 150 to 200 feet. Perfect for a clear view of your amazing surroundings.
The liveaboard crew is there to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime. On board you’ll have captains that plan your trip and keep you safe, cooks to fuel you up after dives, dive instructors to assist you on your dives, and engineers that keep everything running smoothly.
Registration closes soon!
Tori Motteler, Open Water Instructor and Marketing Specialist
Top 5 reasons you should come dive with me!
1. I love to have fun and I’m super passionate about diving!
2. I will show you all the tiny creatures you may not notice at first.
3. I like playing board games and card games on the boat in between dives!
4. I love night diving and will be on every single one!
5. I’m big on taking pictures and videos, so we will be able to look back on our memories!
Angie Fuller, Advanced Open Water Diver Instructor
Top 5 reasons you should travel on Blackbeards!
1. This is an excellent trip for all levels of divers.
2. The dive sites are gorgeous and vibrant with all kinds of big and small wildlife to see.
3. The boat chef always makes amazing food!
4. Blackbeard’s boats are set up perfectly for camaraderie and making friends.
5. The Bahamas are easy to travel to and incredibly welcoming.
Where we are staying
Blackbeard’s liveaboard is all about:
- Jumping into the best dive spots
- Making new friends
- Camping on water
- Disconnecting from the world
- Doing things you never thought possible
- Going down the unbeaten path
Think summer camp for scuba divers!
The 65’ liveaboard offers dorm-style bunks with shared restrooms and showers and buffet meals with picnic-style dining. You’ll also have the opportunity for hands-on activities such as sailing and fishing.
Deposit and payments
- 1st deposit: $500 due upon sign up
- 2nd deposit: $500 due February 1, 2022
- Full Balance: Due April 1, 2022
- Prices are based upon double occupancy
- All payments are non-refundable
- Prices are subject to change due to events outside of our control
- 6 nights aboard Blackbeards
- Up to 19 dives
- Roundtrip transfers
- All meals and beverages
- Port fees
- Topside excursions
What’s not included
- Crew gratuity
- Hotel stays prior or post boarding
- Bahamas Visa $60
- Covid test to re-enter the U.S.
- Dive insurance (required)
- Travel insurance (highly recommended)
- SeaLife DC2000 camera
- SeaLife Dragon flashlight
- Underwater Photography
- Deep Diving
What prior travelers say
“Blackbeards is my favorite dive trip. It’s all about the diving. It is such a unique experience, from the blue waters, great visibility, great crew, awesome food, and the verity of sea life is unbelievable.”