Aboard the Aurora
Where we are diving
Rugged and wild adventure describe Komodo best. Home to the infamous Komodo Dragons, Komodo is one of the most species-diverse locations in Indonesia. Cruise along the crystal-clear waters of the Indonesian archipelago and take in the breathtaking pink sand beaches. Diving in Komodo isn’t for the faint-hearted. Due to strong currents, you can expect to be taken for a ride as you float through The Cauldron, also known as Shotgun. You’ll also experience Komodo’s world-famous dive site, Manta Alley. There you can spot dozens of manta rays swirling through a feeding station. Night dives are also an adventure. There you can see colorful nudibranchs, crustaceans, eels, frogfish, and octopus.
If you are interested in marine life, Komodo is the place for you. They have 260 species of reef-building coral, 70 sponge species, and 1,000 fish species. Komodo National Park is popular for its macro-lovers, and its slopes and walls of coral house a myriad of critters.
Registration closes soon!
Top reasons you should travel to Komodo with us!
1. Komodo Dragons!
2. Lots of Manta Rays.
3. Over 400 coral-building species.
4. Healthy and dense soft and hard corals.
5. Colorful reef.
Where we are staying
The Aurora Liveaboard is a beautiful Pinisi-styled teak motor-sail dive liveaboard that combines tradition with comfort and modern conveniences. It can host up to 18 divers and each cabin has air conditioning and private bathrooms. The upper deck is where you prepare for each dive and offers diving equipment and a photo/video room.
Guests’ quarters are located on the main deck. The liveaboard can house up to 18 people, with each cabin having either one king bed, two single beds, or a combination of both. Each cabin also has its own private bathroom and air conditioning. Sit back, relax, and get ready to dive!
- $4,400 Double Diver Cabin
- $8,090 Single Diver Cabin
Deposit and payments
- 1st deposit: $500 due at sign up
- 2nd deposit: $1,000 due July 2, 2022
- 3rd deposit: $1,000 due October 2, 2022
- 4th deposit: $1,000 due December 2, 2022
- Full Balance: Due April 3, 2023
- Prices are based upon double occupancy
- All payments are non-refundable
- Prices are subject to change due to events outside of our control
- Fish ID card
- Gobe 800
- Surface Marker Buoy and Reel
- Full board on Aurora Liveaboard
- All meals
- Coffee, tea, juice, and sodas
- 2-3 dives per day plus 1-night dive per day
- Labuan Bajo airport to dock transfers in port of call
- Dive guides, tanks, and weight belts
What’s not included
- Airfare- Divetures will assist
- Hotel the night prior to boarding Aurora (recommend arriving one day prior)
- Airfare to Labaun Bajo (usually $150-$200)
- Tip for crew
- Scuba gear, rentals available at Arizona Dive Center
- Beer and wine is available for purchase on board
- Espresso is available for purchase on board
- Nitrox (can be purchased separately)
- Dive insurance (required)
- Travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Waves, Tides, and Currents
- Fish ID
- Night Diving
What prior travelers say
“I have been on over 5 trips with Diventures and plan to keep coming back! The staff are friendly and the trip leaders are great.”
Know Before You Go
Passport validity: 6 months remaining and have at least 2 blank pages.
Money exchange: Indonesian Rupiah, Credit cards accepted in most large cities. We recommend you travel with U.S. dollars and suggest you purchase some Indonesian Rupiah for payment of luggage surcharges and any incidentals.
Dress code: While visiting cities – Modest dress attire- long skirt, pants, long sleeves. While on the boat: casual. The atmosphere onboard the All-Star Aurora is always relaxed and casual. Several bathing suits, shorts, long pants, several t-shirts, blouse/shirt, and windbreaker all packed in soft luggage. Also deck shoes, sandals, Island hiking shoes, suntan lotion (non-oil), hat, and sunglasses. In winter, sweatshirts or sweaters are advisable.
Electricity: Standard US outlets in the rooms.
Language: English on the liveaboard, language can vary by island.