The Great Blue Hole
Where we are diving
The Belize Barrier Reef is the second largest of its kind in the world, and home to some spectacular diving. The reef’s 400 cays, 3 atolls, and 7 marine reserve areas make up a UNESCO World Heritage Site that stretches over 190 miles in length.
The waters are rich, clear, blue, and warm, offering great conditions for beginners and some exciting diving for the more advanced diver. You’ll find an abundance of coral gardens, sponges, reef sharks, rays, and small reef fish. The best diving in Belize is found on the surrounding cays, and no dive trip to Belize would be complete without a visit to the Blue Hole.
Originally a limestone cave, the Great Blue Hole flooded and collapsed thousands of years ago in the Ice Age, becoming the watery abyss it is today. Located at the center of Lighthouse Reef, 60 miles off the coast of Belize, it is the world’s largest underwater sinkhole, measuring 984 feet wide by 410 feet deep.
We will be diving with Turneffe. With valet service, they transport and clean all of your equipment from dive to dive, so you can sit back, relax and soak in the sea spray between dives. You return to the resort for all surface intervals so you can refuel and recharge for the next dive.
Trips like this sell out fast!
Registration closes soon!
Top reasons you should travel to Belize with us!
1. The Blue Hole- The Blue Hole is a must-see for divers when they visit Belize. It’s one of the world’s largest natural formations of its kind.
2. Mayan Ruins- Are you a history buff? Belize has the highest concentration of Mayan archaeological sites in the world.
3. Wildlife- Whether it’s on land or under the sea, Belize is home to a variety of unique animals.
4. Delicious Cuisine- Turneffe Resort offers mouth-watering meals with a Belizean fusion.
5. Adventure Activities- Looking to get your heart racing? Go cave tubing, ziplining, kayaking, or a hike.
Where we are staying
Turneffe Island Resort is a 14-acre private Caribbean Island Resort that is conveniently located only minutes from some of the world’s best dive sites. This resort offers luxurious mahogany interiors and breathtaking views in every direction. They offer 5-star dining including happy hour daily and all-day snacks in the dining room. Celebrate the golden hour poolside over coconut cocktails and canapes. Or simply escape to the spa that overlooks the sea while listening to the waves.
- Double Diver: $3,100
- Double Non-Diver: $2,500
- Single Diver: $3,700
- Single Non-Diver: $3,100
- Double Diver: $3,340
- Double Non-Diver: $2,740
- Single Diver: $4,180
- Single Non-Diver: $3,580
- Double Diver: $3,820
- Double Non-Diver: $3,220
- Single Diver: $5,140
- Single Non-Diver: $4,540
Deposit and payments
- 1st deposit: Due upon sign up $500
- 2nd deposit $750 due October 7, 2022
- 3rd deposit $1,000 February 3, 2023
- Full Balance: June 2, 2023
- Accomodations at Turneffe Island Resort
- 15 tank dives including Blue Hole excursion on Tuesday
- Ground transportation to & from Belize City to Turneffe Island Resort
- All meals
- Access to gym, pool, paddle boards, kayaks, and Hobie Cat
What’s not included
- Airfare: Diventures will assist
- Alcoholic beverages
- Dive insurance (required)
- Travel insurance (highly recommended)
- SeaDragon 900
- SMB & Reel
- Boat Diving
- Deep Diving
- Night Diving
- Prices are based upon double occupancy
- All payments are non-refundable
- Prices are subject to change due to events outside of our control
What prior travelers say
“Imagine waking up to the sounds of the waves gently rolling, the sunrise coming through your airy windows, and fresh coffee delivered to your doorstep every morning… That is the starting point of the 5 star experience you will get at Turneffe. The staff knew my name from my first step on to their boat. They catered to my every need and the diving was absolutely fantastic! Dolphins, and manatees, and sharks Oh MY! Can you fall in love in a week? I did… with this place.”
Know Before You Go
Money – Because this is an all-inclusive resort, you won’t need cash or cards day-to-day; they will charge any extra expenses (like alcoholic beverages) to your room for you to settle when you check out. They accept Visa and MasterCard on the island.
Electricity – Belize uses 110 volt, 60 cycle electricity, same as the US. Plugs are typically the 2 pronged flat type so US travelers will not typically need a converter or adapter. Outlets rarely have 3 holes so if your device has a third prong, bring an adapter.
Water – The water is safe to drink on the island. They desalinate the seawater for clean, running drinking water.
WIFI– The resort offers complimentary Wi-Fi to all guests. It is satellite-based. Due to our remote location, the signal could vary depending on different factors including weather.