Job Title: Travel Admin
Hiring Location: Omaha
Job Title: Travel Admin
Positions Open: 1
Job Type: Full time
DiVentures, the nation’s fastest growing swim and scuba center with six locations across four states, is seeking a Travel Administrator. In this role, you’ll work with the Travel Director to ensure our travel offerings are researched, organized, and packaged in a way that’s efficient and offers the best customer experience. Although some travel experience is preferred, what’s most important is that you’re a detail-oriented person with a passion for international travel.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Your primary areas of action include:
- Research travel destinations: Once the Travel Director decides on a new travel package, the ball will be in your court to research and pull all the information together for internal use. You’ll use your great research skills to track down all the needed details, and your exceptional communication talents to get all the information you need from destination resorts and vendors.
- Create complete travel reports. Great travel is all in the details, so you’ll be the go-to person that covers all the bases. Once you’ve buttoned up all the specifics, your report will help the marketing team sell trips. Ultimately your work will be used by trip leaders and customers as a final travel package – itineraries, trip guidelines, and other important travel information.
- Provide concierge-level customer service: You’ll be a primary contact for travel customers. In this role, you’ll be a vital relationship builder with customers. You’ll be working directly with customers, including answering their questions on the phone and in person.
- Work to make sure the travel program runs efficiently and effectively: You’ll be working under the guidance of the Travel Director to ensure the travel program is a success in every way. That doesn’t just mean ensuring all the details of each trip are meticulously planned out and executed – you may be asked to take on other projects or tasks critical to the growth of our travel program.
- Transcribing and compiling travel and traveler information: In this role, your passion for getting details right has to be as strong as your passion for travel. Tasks will include data entry of traveler and trip details into our system, as well as the creation of spreadsheets to track information. That means you need to be well-organized and understand complicated logistical information.
Key Personality Attributes
We’re looking for relationship builders that love working with customers in helping to plan and execute on travel packages. Great communication skills are a must to work with employees, supervisors and travel agencies with professionalism, clarity, and accuracy. You should be a self-starter and able to work independently and as part of a team. The ability to multitask and prioritize is a must.
Skills & Experiences
- Strongly preferred (but not required for the right person):
- Travel experience, especially international
- Some knowledge of scuba, or past participation in scuba travel
- Hospitality industry experience
- Customer service experience
- Baseline skills: You’ll need to have intermediate to advanced knowledge in Excel (spreadsheet gurus wanted) and Word. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. Strong analytical and reasoning abilities are required.
- Experience in “self-managing” projects: We’re seeking an individual with a positive attitude, and a “can do” spirit, along with patience and perseverance. We’re looking for a go-getter with an outgoing and engaging personality who is determined to achieve results.
How to Apply
Submit a resume to Megan Oswald at email@example.com.