Job Title: Swim Teacher
Hiring Location: Fitchburg, North Liberty, Omaha, Springfield, Sun Prairie
Job Title: Swim Teacher
Positions Open: Multiple available
Job Type: Part time or full time
Daytime, evening, weekend shifts
Diventures, the nation’s fastest growing swim and scuba center with six locations across four states, is seeking a Swim Teacher. In this role, you’ll be teaching kids to be safe and confident swimmers for a lifetime of fun! You’ll be using the Swim Schools International (SSI) curriculum. Extensive training is provided. If you love swimming and are excited about introducing little ones to the joys of swimming, this is the right job for you!
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Your primary areas of action include:
- Teach a variety of levels and ages swimming and safety skills. You must love working with children of all ages in teaching them water skills they will benefit from for the rest of their lives. You may also teach adults on occasion.
- Be consistent and reliable to your swimming students. It’s vital that your students can trust in you so that you can build relationships. That trust starts with starting classes on time and ensuring the swim class schedule is executed consistently.
- Provide a safe swimming environment. At Diventures, safety is the highest priority. You’ll be expected to follow all safety initiatives and requirements.
- Ensure customer satisfaction. You’ll have plenty of direct contact with parents and their children, so great people skills are a must.
- Keep your pool in order. Instructors also help in cleaning, maintenance, and general upkeep of the swim facility.
Key Personality Attributes
You must love swimming, be positive and energetic, and enjoy working with children and teens. You’ll also need great people skills overall since you’ll also have plenty of interaction with parents. Ideal applicants would also have:
- Good communication skills
- Flexibility of scheduling
- A desire to be part of a fun and energetic team
- A willingness to learn or to develop as a professional
Skills & Experiences
- Minimum age is 16.
- First-Aid/CPR/AED and O2 certification is required within 30 days of hire. Classes available at Diventures.
- Swim Teachers will complete a 18-hour training program on Swim Schools International curriculum and an 32-hour teaching apprenticeship.
- Previous lifeguarding or swim instruction experience is preferred but not required.
How to Apply
Download and submit an employment application (PDF) to:
Fitchburg: Tiffinie Randall at email@example.com
North Liberty: Ben Snyder at firstname.lastname@example.org
Omaha: Kaitlyn Stewart at email@example.com
Springfield: Ryan Oestreich at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sun Prairie: Tiffinie Randall at email@example.com