Job Title: Store Manager
Hiring Location: North Liberty, Omaha
Job Title: Store Manager
Positions Open: 2
Job Type: Full time
Diventures, the nation’s fastest growing swim and scuba center with six locations across four states, is seeking a Store Manager. In this pivotal role, you’ll help execute on all areas of this store, including swim and scuba programs, employee training, customer service, facilities, retail, and more. With this much responsibility, we’re seeking an individual with an owner/operator mentality to grow the business – managing the location as if you owned it – balanced with strong team-building and people skills. Solid local knowledge and deep community roots will put you at the top of the list.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Your primary areas of action include:
- Provide an excellent customer experience by ensuring exceptional facilities, people, and programs. You’ve got what it takes to make sure that facilities are in great shape every day. You always put customers first. And you’ve got the “take-charge” and delegation skills to make sure all your teams and programs are running flawlessly.
- Help grow the business. As Store Manager, you’ll be responsible for keeping current customers happy by increasing their engagement and overall enjoyment. You’ll help add new customers to the Diventures family by bringing new ideas to grow the business.
- Keep expenses under control and monitor costs. You’ll be the master of the store budget, inventories, labor, and all things financial. You’ll be expected to maximize your current resources and minimize expenses.
- Be a great Diventures ambassador, community leader, and good steward of related causes. As our local ambassador, you’ll help solidify our standing as a good neighbor and more. You’ll inspire our team to continue to be involved in the community, take up the mantle for new causes, ensure we are represented well at events, and look for ways to further enhance our local reputation.
Key Personality Attributes
You’ll be part of a fast-growing and dynamic organization with a fun and exciting start-up spirit and culture. You’ll have a very broad array of responsibilities, so you’ll need to love juggling a lot of balls. You’ll need to decisively delegate, smartly prioritize, and thrive in our multi-task and fast-paced environment every single day. Collaboration with your peers, employees, and customers is a must too, so your people and teamwork skills will come in handy.
Skills & Experiences
With so many varied management responsibilities, experience in industries where multi-tasking is essential – service, restaurant, retail – is extremely valuable. Other desired skills and expertise include:
- Financial acumen is needed in this role. An understanding of profitability factors, as well as the ability to read P&L statements, decipher analytics, manage expenses and budgets, and other skills to build a profitable location are essential.
- Experience with any point-of-sale (POS) system is a plus, including a basic understanding of how these types of platforms are used. You’ll also need to ensure staff is properly trained on the POS system.
- Facilities management experience will take you far. Because the Diventures customer experience hinges largely on the quality, cleanliness, and overall enjoyment of our facilities, having some expertise in managing a large facility is a must.
- Retail merchandising experience will ensure our onsite swimming and scuba gear store is well-stocked and offers customers the shopping experience they deserve. Knowledge of best practices in store layouts, inventory, merchandising, display strategies and more will come in handy.
- A solid understanding of swim and scuba gear will be valuable in this role. Scuba, in particular, is a very gear-oriented and technical activity, so familiarity and personal experience with this equipment will be helpful in this role.
How to Apply
Submit a resume to JoAnn Haack at firstname.lastname@example.org.