Job Title: Retail Associate
Hiring Location: North Liberty, Omaha, Springfield
Job Title: Retail Associate
Positions Open: Multiple available
Job Type: Part time or full time
Daytime, evening, weekend shifts
Diventures, the nation’s fastest growing swim and scuba center with six locations across four states, is seeking a Retail Associate. In this role, you’ll work with the Store Manager to help efficiently run the store’s day-to-day operation and maximize profitability. As importantly, we’re seeking an individual that has exceptional people skills, unbounded energy, and is a team player. Best of all, you’ll work in a fun atmosphere and have plenty of exposure to diving and swimming opportunities.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Your primary areas of action include:
- Be the first point of customer contact. Think of yourself as our brand ambassador because you will be the first person a customer meets. That means you’ll need to make a great impression, both with your appearance and that of the store.
- Be that helpful person. You’ll be selling retail products and services, but your role is much more. You’ll provide complete and accurate information. And you’ll build and maintain relationships with customers that keep coming back because of your exceptional and friendly customer service.
- Help us grow the business. We’ll rely on you to be a profit generator with more than just daily store sales. We’ll need your help to identify and market value-add and up-sell opportunities to our customers. You’ll also help generate leads for new and existing sales opportunities.
- Help keep the store looking great. You’ll be instrumental in making sure the retail location is in top shape. That includes setting up displays and signage, keeping products stocked, ensuring a great appearance, and more.
Key Personality Attributes
Exception people skills are a must in this position. At Diventures, we pride ourselves on providing an exceptional customer experience. That experience often starts in the store, so their first impression might be with you. You must be confident with great communication skills. You’ll also be conveying a lot of information to beginners, so it’s essential that you’re willing to learn so that you can take that knowledge and help inform customers about their gear choices.
Skills & Experiences
- Either prior experience in a retail environment or a solid background with scuba are required.
- Having both retail and scuba experience puts you at the top of the list.
- Swimming knowledge or experience with an aquatics program is also a plus (but not required).
- Customer service skills are key to ensuring our Diventures family is satisfied and get the right gear for their swimming or scuba experience. You’ll also need to have the patience and exceptional communication skills to help guide newcomers to swimming and scuba.
How to Apply
Download and submit an employment application (PDF) to:
Fitchburg: Ben Snyder at email@example.com
North Liberty: Ryan Bruns at firstname.lastname@example.org
Omaha: Ronda Warren-Hatton at email@example.com
Springfield: Ryan Oestreich at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sun Prairie: Ben Snyder at email@example.com