Job Title: Retail Manager
Hiring Location: Springfield
Job Title: Retail Manager
Positions Open: 1
Job Type: Full time
Diventures, the nation’s fastest growing swim and scuba center with locations across four states, is seeking an Retail Manager. In this role, you’ll be “second in command” and work with the Store Manager to ensure that the store offers the quality merchandise and services our customers deserve. We’re seeking go-getters with exceptional people and communication skills, as well as unbounded energy.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Your primary areas of action include:
- Manage day-to-day store operations. Think of yourself as the go-to person for getting things done. You’ll be responsible for managing associates and ensuring they are completing necessary tasks. You’ll also need to train staff, including a proper understanding of Diventures policies and procedures.
- Handle the important details to keep things humming. We’ll rely on you to execute key tasks, such as managing purchase orders, making sure inventory is updated and accurate in our system, helping to host successful store events and promotions, maintaining a flawless store appearance, and even keeping backrooms organized.
- Educate your team and help increase revenues. You’ll be responsible for making your associates aware of new products, services, and travel initiatives. These are revenue opportunities, so you’ll also need to make sure this information is effectively communicated to customers.
- Ensure your associates consistently know their stuff. At Diventures, we pride ourselves on staff that is knowledgeable about all things scuba and swimming. Part of your job will be to make sure associates are continually educated on products to effectively answer customer questions and guide them to the right buying choices.
- Help us maintain the highest level of customer service. Exceptional customer service is part of our brand identity. You’ll be on the front line making sure associates interact with customers in the best way possible and providing vital feedback and coaching to staff as needed.
Key Personality Attributes
You must have exceptional people skills to succeed in this position. We pride ourselves on providing an excellent customer experience. That experience often starts in the store, so it’s essential that customers are both satisfied and informed, so they keep coming back (and also tell their friends). You’ll be working with associates, making sure they have the knowledge and tools to deliver on that promise of excellent customer service – communications skills are essential.
Skills & Experiences
- Strong preference is given to those with:
- Prior retail store experience
- Scuba knowledge or experience
- Swimming and/or other aquatics program knowledge or experience
- Customer service skills are vital in ensuring our customers are happy.