Job Title: Marketing Manager
Hiring Location: Omaha
Job Title: Marketing Manager
Positions Open: One
Job Type: Full time
Diventures, the nation’s fastest-growing swim and scuba center with six locations across four states, is seeking a rock star Marketing Manager. In this role, you’ll need to hit the ground running in our high-energy culture. The perfect candidate must be able to work independently, demonstrate a love for details, and enjoy solving problems. Managing workflow and time effectively amidst lots of interruptions is a must. You’ll have the opportunity to get your hands on everything in marketing. And, even though we’re a smaller business, you’ll have the chance to learn from an executive team with big-time corporate experience.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Your primary areas of actions:
- Project management is #1. Your most important responsibility will be to manage and execute on a wide variety of projects. Our marketing calendar is chock-full of e-newsletters, social media tasks, website updates, and more. You’ll be expected to manage multiple projects (including vendors), meet deadlines, and deliver results.
- Manage our online digs. You’ll be responsible for managing our online content marketing programs, including recommending content strategy, working with copywriters, managing approvals, and posting content. You’ll also be making basic and regular updates using WordPress.
- Manage our social media program. Effective use of social media is one of the keys to our success. In this role, you’ll be responsible for keeping our Facebook pages and other social sites regularly updated, writing and posting updates to drive sales and customer engagement.
- Be a marketing consultant and coach to our Store Management team. You’ll often be advising and supporting managers at our six locations. You’ll help them to solve business problems and guide them in creating successful marketing campaigns for their local markets.
- Be our brand superhero. As an integral part of our marketing team, you’ll help ensure all prospecting and customer retention campaigns are aligned with business goals. You’ll provide brand guidance and direction to designers and copywriters so that all campaigns, social media, and content are on track.
- Be our marketing data miner. We’ll rely on you to pull email lists and other data from our point-of-sales system for use in marketing campaigns.
Key Personality Attributes
Diventures is a fast-growing and dynamic organization with a fun and exciting start-up spirit and culture. We’ll be putting your leadership skills and creative problem-solving chops to the test as you work closely with Store Managers, vendors, and other members of our team. Plus, you’ll be involved in many projects in different channels, so you’ll need to juggle a lot of balls and be a pro at multi-tasking in our fast-paced environment. You should have a results-driven mentality that focuses on solving business problems.
Skills & Experiences
Other desired skills and expertise include:
- Broad marketing experience: We’re looking for somebody with a broad base of experience and skills with the ability to execute on a variety of multi-channel marketing campaigns: email, social, video, print collateral, internal comm, events, news releases. A bachelor’s degree in Marketing or equivalent work experience is preferred. Those with design and/or copywriting experience will be given preference.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized with a creative solution-based focus: With so many marketing projects with so many moving parts, we need someone who can handle all the deets effectively and keep things moving.
- Basic WordPress or other CMS experience: You’ll be heading up our online efforts and making some basic updates to our website via WordPress, so some experience on that platform or a similar content management system is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills: You’ll need the skills to effectively communicate our brand messages, make sure our internal team is on the same page, and lead the charge in creating great marketing content.
- Understanding of marketing ROI: You’ll be expected not only to stay within the marketing budget but to make sound fiscal decisions and offer fact-based recommendations on where money would be best spent.
How to Apply
Send a resume to Christine Hughey at firstname.lastname@example.org.