Job Title: Bookkeeper
Hiring Location: Omaha
Job Title: Bookkeeper
Positions Open: 1
Job Type: Full time
Diventures, the nation’s fastest growing swim and scuba center with six locations across four states, is seeking a Bookkeeper. In this role, you’ll work closely with the CFO and have direct responsibility for bookkeeping and maintenance of general ledger accounts and financial statements. You’ll have a wide range of responsibilities and be involved in all phases of accounting and bookkeeping duties for the company.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Your primary areas of action include:
- Perform monthly accounting duties: You’ll be doing daily bookkeeping duties, preparing accruals, inventory reconciliations, maintaining and reconciling general ledger and intercompany accounts, as well as compiling financial statements.
- Manage bank accounts and payroll: You’ll be preparing accurate bank account reconciliations and resolving any discrepancies. Reconciling credit card charges to bank deposits. Preparing payroll for processing as well as sales and local tax returns.
- Maintain property and equipment records: Maintaining computerized schedules for property and equipment, as well as calculating depreciation and amortization figures.
- Be available for other projects: You may be asked to prepare other schedules, perform account analysis, create worksheets, and participate in other projects as needed.
- Help manage financial software: We’ll need you to stay current on recent changes to software applications. You’ll need to hit the ground running and learn essential knowledge to be able to work with our primary software applications (i.e., QuickBooks).
Key Personality Attributes
We’re looking for a team player with the communications skills to interact with people at all levels of the organization. A self-directed, independent thinker with good judgment to help us plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload will do well here. We’ll look to you to recommend changes in office practices or procedures for efficiency. You’ll need to love working with diverse personalities and collaborating in a highly team-oriented (and fun) environment.
Skills & Experiences
- Accounting education and experience: An Associate degree in accounting or an educational equivalent is preferred. A minimum of two years’ experience with general ledger functions as it relates to professional services, or a comparable public accounting experience.
- Essential accounting skills: You must to be proficient in performing all general bookkeeping functions. A stong working knowledge of manual and automated accounting systems, as well as the regulatory requirements of payroll processing and tax reporting, is required. Well-developed financial analysis capabilities will set you apart.
- Baseline skills: You’ll need to have advanced knowledge of QuickBooks and intermediate to advanced knowledge in Word and Excel. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. Strong analytical and reasoning abilities are required.
- Experience in “self-managing” projects: We’re seeking a high-energy individual, someone who can operate independently and produce financial reports promptly. You should be comfortable juggling multiple multi-faceted projects, while still completing your normal tasks.
How to Apply
Submit a resume to DeAnn Olsen at email@example.com.