Job Title: Aquatics Manager
Hiring Location: Fitchburg, Sun Prairie
Job Title: Aquatics Manager
Positions Open: Multiple available
Job Type: Full time
Diventures, the nation’s fastest growing swim and scuba center with six locations across four states, is seeking an Aquatics Manager. In this role, you’ll work with the Store Manager to manage all aspects of the store’s swim program. We’re seeking an individual that has swim program or school operations and management experience to be able to execute all day-to-day aspects of our aquatic offerings. You’ll also need great people skills to ensure your team is swimming in their lanes, and our customers are totally satisfied.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Your primary areas of action include:
- Scheduling, organizing, and oversight of all swim classes and events. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task is a must in this role. You’ll be leading the effort on the ground to ensure all aspects of your up to 900+ student program run efficiently, safely, and according to schedule.
- Manage a young workforce. Your swim workforce – lifeguards and teachers – will likely be on the young side, so you may have to deal with high turnover. You’ll need to do your best to retain talent, while consistently adding to your pipeline of new employees so your programs can run efficiently.
- Provide a safe swimming environment. At Diventures, safety is the highest priority. You’ll be reliably executing on all internal safety initiatives and requirements, while also adhering to all applicable state and local regulations.
- Ensure customer satisfaction. You’ll be the main contact for parents and their children, so great people skills are a must. When challenges or problems arise, you’ll troubleshoot and problem-solve to ensure the customer is happy.
Key Personality Attributes
Swimming is a real passion for you (people swear you have gills). Most of your clientele will be children and teens, so you must love interacting with kids. You’ll also need great people skills overall since you’ll also have plenty of interaction with parents. Enforcing and communicating pool policies that help ensure safe fun for everyone will be part of your job too. So, you’ll need to have the confidence to be able to effectively communicate these polices to employees, children, and parents. You’ll also need to have exceptional multi-tasking skills with the ability to manage many tasks and quickly respond to challenges that may arise daily.
Skills & Experiences
- Strong preference is given to those with lifeguard certification, pool operator license, and/or accreditation with SSI or other reputable swim programs.
- Solid experience with coordinating a swim program or school, including collaborating with internal employees and teams, and scheduling programs based on member input and available staff.
- A base understanding of the cost of running a program is important. A good understanding of the relationship between program revenues versus labor costs is essential. Overall, you must have an awareness of what it takes to run a profitable swim program.